Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Halloween Happiness

     Hello and Happy Halloween to all.  I have some super cute  cards to share with you, these are some cards that me and my BFF made this weekend.  I think you know my friend is a Stampin Up demonstrator and boy did we have a great time getting ideas from pinterest and youtube, and seeing how well we either adapted the technique or how well we executed the cards.  The following cards are the fruits of our labor. Hope you enjoy.
 

     I will give a list of supplies used at the end of the picture set.  All supplies for the following cards are from Stampin Up. With all of these guys I cut a piece of paper    5 7/8 x 8 1/2 with that I have enough extra for the eyelids and the nose.


Monster Mash








For her eyelashes I used a circle punch and kept punching slivers off.


     I used a Crumb Cake marker and a ruler and drew uneven lines all over the paper,  I then took 2 (3/4 in) strips and inked the edge and glued them down.  The trick to this mummy is that you have to put the Thinlit Frame on the blank side with the side with lines down, if not it won't fold the way you need it to.  I hope this clarifies any questions on this guy he is a real cutie.

  • Whisper White, Wisteria Wonder,,Basic Black, Smokey Slate, Lucky Limeade, Crumb Cake, Pumpkin Pie,Cherry Cobbler and Very Vanilla card stock.
  • Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Smokey Slate, Lucky Limeade, and Cherry Cobbler Ink. & markers.
  • Black Embossing Powder & VersaMark.
  • Thinlits Circke Card, Various size Circles & Ovals, Label Bracket Punch.
  • Stamp Sets Googly Ghouls, Tags 4 You, and Monster Munchies.


This was so much fun and I think that the possibilities are endless, one of my new favorites.

Thanks as always for stopping by and go crazy with your crafting.


Follow Me on Pinterest.


21 comments :

  1. These are the cutest cards I have ever seen! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much I will be posting different seasons and characters as I can think of them. This is one of my favorite things Stampin Up has ever sold so versatile.

      Delete
  2. Can I ask...On the mummy cards, are those actually strips of paper that are then layered on? Or are the lines drawn on? What technique did you use to blur the edges of the strips?
    Thanks for any advice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually drew all the lines on the card with Crumb Cake trying to stagger them randomly, and the took two 3/4 in strips and inked the edges and taped them down before I cut out the Mummy the trick is also to put the thinlit on the reverse side with no lines when cutting so it folds the correct way for the eyes. Hope this helps if you really want step by step shots I guess I could do that. Thanks so much for all the interest.

      Delete
  3. Amazing, AMAZING, AMAZING!!!!! WOW what a clever idea lovely lady!! Might give one a go for a Christmas person! Thanks heaps!
    Smiles Sharnee :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are super cute!I feel so dumb I have no clue how you made them? Any video or more instructions to make them? I would love to make some! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have any instructions for these?? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly just used the Stampin Up thinlit die and different size circle dies from 2 1/2inches to 3/4 of an inch for eyes. For the hair on frank I just randomly cut out triangles of sort and for dracula I used the 2 1/2inch circle punch .

      Delete
  6. Thank you. How did you make the card itself? not sure how you made it and has a circle bult in it? Is that what the stampin up thinlit die is? Sorry for the dumbness. Thanks, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all! So wunderful! Thanks for advice! Many Greetings Geli

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sherry it was a stampin up product. It has the cut out built in

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't do much for Halloween but you are one smart cookie. Thnaks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. any chance of a step by step, I am new to this and need help to stay inspired. Love all of them, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. At what measurements are the score line marks? Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to know the scoring measurements as well... just love these want to send to grandkids :)

      Delete
    2. I'd also love a full tutorial so those of us not in the SU! world can play too! TIA!

      Delete
  12. OOh! These cards are just fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Found you on pinterest and following

    ReplyDelete
  14. That card is so cute. I’m still trying to figure out how exactly did it but it looks like one of those that when you open it up party part of it turns. I explain that a little bit to simply but hopefully you know what I mean

    ReplyDelete